Functioning over the past two decades, has delivered good quality mental health services to a vast population. A very major institute in the private sector catering to a vast area of Delhi and outside. The past twenty odd years have witnessed extreme changes in stress levels and life styles of everybody, cutting across all age groups and strata of society. The Department of psychiatry has taken upon itself to cater to the increasing needs of vulnerable populations as students, high stressed professionals, old age people, alcohol and drug addiction
The Psychiatry Department runs the following services:
- Outpatient Services – Daily from Monday to Saturday 11 am to 1 pm. Senior Psychiatrist undertake detailed assessment, interview to initiate treatment. Psychological Testing is done where required, to assess personality, and personality factors contributing to the disease.
- Child Guidance Clinic – for childhood related problems, e.g. Bed-wetting, Phobias Learning Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorders, Depression etc.
- Emergency Services – Open 24 hrs. to attend to acutely disturbed, violent,delerlous, suicidal patients.
- Awareness Generation: – The Department –
- Holds public lectures, special days are observed as No Tobacco Day, Alzheimer’s Day, Drug Abuse prevention day, Schizophrenia day
- Interacts with Media to increase the awareness about mental illnesses, and related psychological problems among the masses.
- Camps are held for treatment and awareness generation.
- Research – The department is into –
- Studying morbidity patterns to various psychiatric illnesses in the society,
- Studying various treatment modalities and researching into finding better treatment models for enhanced effectiveness.
- The Department is part of ongoing internationals research (Indo-US project on genetics of Schizophrenia……).
- Treatment Modalities Used – Under very specialized and professional hands the treatments undertaken are
- Pharmacotherapy – Most recent groups of medicines are used., which are as per International Guidelines and standards for fast action and better results.
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) under the safest technique and guidelines.
- Psychotherapy and Counselling – Psychological treatment for Marital Problems, Childhood Problems, Adolescent Problems, Family Counselling, Parental Counselling, Pre-exams Counselling etc.
- Biofeedback – The Institute possesses a Neurofeedback machine. A very advanced feedback machine which trains patients how to Reduce their stress levels and is a mainstay of the revolutionary treatment in Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Headache, Migraine, Panic attacks, ADHD etc.
- Investigations – All laboratory test are done in the hospital Electroencephalography (EEG), CT Scan, MRI Scan Electro Myography (EMG), NCV (Nerve Conduction Velocity)
- Psychological Testing – Equipped with the most advanced tests for Personality assessment, psychosis/ neurosis, I.Q. Depression assessment.
Treatment for Schizophrenia, Mania, Personality Disorders, Anxiety, Depression Obsessive Compulsive Neurosis (repeated hand washing, counting, etc.) Hysteria Phobias (fear of darkness, heights, insects, dirt, water, etc.) Panic Attacks, (extreme Fearfulness), Fainting attacks, Sleeplessness, Excessive Sleep, Eating Disorders, Hypochondriasis.
Team of Specialists
- Dr. Sanjeev Prasad
- Dr. Rajesh Mehta
Dept of Psychology
- Dr. MNL Mathur
- Dr. Poonam Nayyar
Dr. Sanjeev PrasadHony.Consultant
Dr. Rajesh MehtaHony.Consultant
Dr. MNL MathurConsultant Clinical psychologist
Dr Poonam Nayar Hony. Clinical